LTBD is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time staff accountant role with the team of our dynamic, fast-growing outsourced accounting services firm located in Tysons Corner, Virginia. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your career in the accounting profession, with a focus on serving a diverse range of clients in the business, association, nonprofit and government contracting sectors.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications
In this role, your responsibilities will include these activities in support of our clients:
- Managing accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R) processes.
- Ensuring accuracy of cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts and general ledger.
- Performing monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Executing month-end close process and financial statement preparation.
- Identifying and reviewing variances with explanations.
- Preparing year-end reports and submissions, such as IRS Form 1099 and others.
- Preparing accounting and financial reports, charts and summaries as required for each client.
- Working with fellow team members to ensure that work assignments, priorities and activities are accurate and effective.
- Ensuring that accounting activities are performed in accordance with documented processes and procedures.
- Supporting your team’s Accounting Manager, Controller and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with additional services such as budgeting, forecasting and cash flow analysis.
- Developing an understanding and awareness of each client’s unique business and accounting needs and requirements.
- Supporting team objectives associated with internal controls, accounting processes, software upgrades and other engagement configuration priorities.
- Communicating effectively and proactively with clients and team members to ensure timely, accurate and thorough updates are provided at all times.
Your core qualifications for this position will include:
- Bachelors degree with a major in accounting (preferably from an AACSB-accredited program).
- 2-5 years of experience in a staff accounting or similar role, either with an accounting or CPA firm, or in an internal position.
- Demonstrated interest in building your career within the accounting profession.
- Outstanding communication skills and time management skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Willingness to present a professional demeanor and appearance and cooperative attitude, engaging collaboratively and showing dedication to superior customer service.
Additional qualifications and aptitudes for this role will include:
- Positive, professional attitude and strong teamwork skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- You enjoy working in a client-focused, high-energy organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Intuit QuickBooks and Excel.
- Knows how to work hard and on-task, and how to have fun and maintain a friendly, positive disposition.
Submit a cover letter and resume for consideration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Application for Staff Accountant Position”. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for further consideration will receive follow-up.
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia at the heart of the greater Washington, D.C. region, LTBD is a recognized leader in the field of outsourced accounting solutions. The firm provides a complete range of services tailored to the needs of three key market segments in the greater Washington, D.C. region, including: private businesses, associations and nonprofits, and government contractors. LTBD serves clients through the firm’s unique three-step process, and delivers a complete outsourced accounting team to support the requirements of organizations ranging from startups to the enterprise level. For more information on LTBD, please visit www.ltbd.com.
No phone calls please.
LTBD, P.C. is an equal-opportunity employer (EEOE).