LTBD is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time outsourced controller role with the team of our dynamic, fast-growing outsourced accounting services firm located in Tysons Corner, Virginia. This is an ideal opportunity to drive forward with your career in the accounting profession, while serving a diverse range of clients in the business, association, nonprofit and government contracting sectors.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications
In this role, your responsibilities will include these activities in support of our clients:
- Supervising a complete outsourced accounting team including personnel in accounting support, staff accountant and accounting manager roles.
- Leading clients through all three phases of the LTBD Three-Step Process including:
- LTAssess – A comprehensive evaluation of client accounting systems, processes and standards.
- LTConfig – A formal end-to-end configuration and documentation process in which procedures and controls are defined and confirmed.
- LTEngage – A complete, full-service outsourced accounting service engagement, built on the foundation of LTAssess and LTConfig.
- Supervising and taking responsibility for team delivery of day-to-day accounting operations to ensure that assigned clients are receiving superior service across all areas of their accounting operations, including:
- Chart of accounts
- General ledger
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Cash receipts and cash disbursements
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Check runs
- General ledger
- Treasury and budgeting
- Cash forecasting
- Variance analysis
- Capital asset reconciliations
- Fixed assets
- Debt activity
- Month-end close
- Financial statement preparation
- Annual IRS Form 1099 and other submissions
- Year-end reports
- Working with the team’s Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to identify, analyze and review all variances with explanations.
- Preparing and presenting accurate and up-to-date accounting and financial reports, charts and summaries as required for each client on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Evaluating and ensuring that accounting processes are accurate, that internal controls are consistently followed, and that accounting operations are precise and effective at all times.
- Working with fellow team members to ensure that work assignments, priorities and activities are accurate and deliver intended outcomes on time.
- Partnering with client leadership and senior LTBD personnel such as your team’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to deliver budgeting, forecasting and cash flow analysis.
- Developing an understanding and awareness of each client’s unique business and accounting needs and requirements.
- Serving as a team leader and manager of personnel with ultimate responsibility for day-to-day operations and overall client outcomes.
- Communicating effectively and proactively with clients and team members to ensure timely, accurate and thorough updates are provided at all times.
Your core qualifications for this position will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting (preferably from an AACSB-accredited program).
- 7-12 years of experience in a professional accounting role, with at least 5 years at a senior management level.
- Proven experience managing accounting teams and overseeing client or departmental accounting projects and engagements.
- Current CPA license (for candidates from the public accounting field) or equivalent certifications or advanced studies (for candidates from the management accounting field).
- Outstanding communication skills and time management skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Willingness to present a professional demeanor and appearance and cooperative attitude, engaging collaboratively and showing dedication to superior customer service.
Additional qualifications and aptitudes for this role will include:
- Positive, professional attitude and strong teamwork skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- You enjoy working in a client-focused, high-energy organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Intuit QuickBooks and Excel.
- Knows how to work hard and on-task, and how to have fun and maintain a friendly, positive disposition.
In addition, this position will require the individual to participate regularly and proactively in business development activities. These will include attending events on behalf of the firm; representing the firm in presentations and programs; developing new business relationships with potential partners and future clients; and proactively supporting the firm’s marketing and client acquisition efforts, individually and as a part of a team.
Submit a cover letter and resume for consideration via email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Application for Outsourced Controller Position”. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for further consideration will receive follow-up.
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia at the heart of the greater Washington, D.C. region, LTBD is a recognized leader in the field of outsourced accounting solutions. The firm provides a complete range of services tailored to the needs of three key market segments in the greater Washington, D.C. region, including: private businesses, associations and nonprofits, and government contractors. LTBD serves clients through the firm’s unique three-step process, and delivers a complete outsourced accounting team to support the requirements of organizations ranging from startups to the enterprise level. For more information on LTBD, please visit www.ltbd.com.
No phone calls please.
LTBD, P.C. is an equal-opportunity employer (EEOE).