LTBD is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time outsourced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role with the team of our dynamic, fast-growing outsourced accounting services firm located in Tysons Corner, Virginia. This is an ideal opportunity to expand your practice as a senior professional in the accounting profession, while serving a diverse range of clients in the business, association, nonprofit and government contracting sectors.
Outsourced Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications
As an outsourced CFO with LTBD, you will be responsible for three core competencies:
- Providing CFO Services: Directing the fiscal functions of client companies on an outsourced basis, including financial management, accounting operations, cash management, growth financing and strategic executive leadership.
- Leading Client Engagements: Creating and managing client engagements, building client relationships and managing effective pre-engagement and engagement delivery processes to ensure that clients experience outstanding service during all phases of their LTBD relationship.
- Managing Accounting Teams: Overseeing and managing a team of accounting professionals at all levels as they serve assigned clients under the direction of senior personnel.
In addition, you will be responsible for leading clients through all three phases of the LTBD Three-Step Process including:
- LTAssess – A comprehensive evaluation of client accounting systems, processes and standards.
- LTConfig – A formal end-to-end configuration and documentation process in which procedures and controls are defined and confirmed.
- LTEngage – A complete, full-service outsourced accounting service engagement, built on the foundation of LTAssess and LTConfig.
Other professional responsibilities for this position will include:
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating client organizations’ fiscal functions and performance.
- Participating in the development of client entities’ plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory or market-based changes and challenges.
- Developing credibility for the accounting team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist client CEOs, boards and other senior executives or key stakeholders in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhancing and/or developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures of as defined by LTBD during the LTAssess and LTConfig engagement phases, by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of client companies, associations and nonprofits.
- Providing technical financial advice and knowledge to others within LTBD on client engagements and serving as an internal knowledge resource to help the firm meet and exceed client expectations.
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting client organizations.
- Optimizing the management of bank and deposit relationships and initiating appropriate strategies to enhance clients’ cash positions.
- Developing a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash thresholds to meet operating needs.
- Serving as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which client entities may enter.
- Delivering continual improvement to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting and finance function, as well as providing team members and associated individuals with professional guidance and growth assistance.
- Communicating effectively and proactively with clients and team members to ensure timely, accurate and thorough updates are provided at all times.
Your core qualifications for this position will include:
- Master’s degree in business (MBA) or accounting/finance.
- 15+ years of professional experience in public or management accounting, with a minimum of 5-7 years in senior management (controller or above) positions.
- Proven experience managing teams and supervising employees at all levels within an accounting organization.
- Current CPA license (for candidates from the public accounting field) or equivalent certifications or advanced studies (for candidates from the management accounting field).
- Documented achievements associated with strategic recommendations and accomplishments as a senior accounting and finance executive.
- Specialized expertise in one or more of the following market segments:
- Small and mid-sized private enterprises ($2M to $50M)
- Associations and nonprofit organizations
- Federal government contracting
- Outstanding communication skills and time management skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Willingness to present a professional demeanor and appearance and cooperative attitude, engaging collaboratively and showing dedication to superior customer service.
Additional qualifications and aptitudes for this role will include:
- Positive, professional attitude and strong teamwork skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- You enjoy working in a client-focused, high-energy organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Intuit QuickBooks and Excel as well as other advanced accounting and finance software applications and systems.
- Knows how to work hard and on-task, and how to have fun and maintain a friendly, positive disposition.
In addition, this position will require the individual to participate regularly and proactively in business development activities. These will include attending events on behalf of the firm; representing the firm in presentations and programs; developing new business relationships with potential partners and future clients; and proactively supporting the firm’s marketing and client acquisition efforts, individually and as a part of a team.
Submit a cover letter and resume for consideration via email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Application for Outsourced CFO Position”. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for further consideration will receive follow-up.
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia at the heart of the greater Washington, D.C. region, LTBD is a recognized leader in the field of outsourced accounting solutions. The firm provides a complete range of services tailored to the needs of three key market segments in the greater Washington, D.C. region, including: private businesses, associations and nonprofits, and government contractors. LTBD serves clients through the firm’s unique three-step process, and delivers a complete outsourced accounting team to support the requirements of organizations ranging from startups to the enterprise level. For more information on LTBD, please visit www.ltbd.com.
No phone calls please.
LTBD, P.C. is an equal-opportunity employer (EEOE).