Accounting Support Professional
LTBD is seeking an entry-level accounting or business graduate for a full-time accounting support professional role with the team of our dynamic, fast-growing outsourced accounting services firm located in Tysons Corner, Virginia. This is an ideal opportunity to begin your career in the accounting profession.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications
In this role, your responsibilities will include these activities in support of our clients:
- Receiving and entering accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R) into accounting software.
- Entering cash receipts and cash disbursements into accounting software.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts and general ledger.
- Performing monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Filing and scanning documents and resources.
- Processing tax payments and reports.
- Tracking and monitoring fixed assets.
- Maintaining and tracking accounting task lists and calendars of related deadlines.
- Preparing tax and financial statements and reports.
- Filing and recording paper and digital information pertaining to client accounting processes and workflows.
- Providing front-line support for clients including answering questions, responding to emails and proactively communicating.
- Coordinating with staff accountants, accounting managers and senior personnel within the firm to ensure that client needs are addressed in a timely manner.
Your core qualifications for this position will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business/management and 0-2 years of professional experience, with a demonstrated interest in building your career within the accounting profession.
- Candidates will also be considered if they possess a bachelor’s degree in a non-accounting field but have pursued accounting or business coursework and/or completed a post-graduate certificate or degree in accounting and possess 1-3 years of professional experience.
Additional qualifications and aptitudes for this role will include:
- Positive, professional attitude and strong teamwork skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- You enjoy working in a client-focused, high-energy organization.
- Experience working with QuickBooks and Excel.
- You know how to work hard and on-task, and how to have fun and maintain a friendly, positive disposition.
- Applicable internship or extracurricular experience is a plus.
Submit a cover letter and resume for consideration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Application for Accounting Support Professional Position”. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for further consideration will receive follow-up.
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia at the heart of the greater Washington, D.C. region, LTBD is a recognized leader in the field of outsourced accounting solutions. The firm provides a complete range of services tailored to the needs of three key market segments in the greater Washington, D.C. region, including: private businesses, associations and nonprofits, and government contractors. LTBD serves clients through the firm’s unique three-step process, and delivers a complete outsourced accounting team to support the requirements of organizations ranging from startups to the enterprise level. For more information on LTBD, please visit www.ltbd.com.
No phone calls please.
LTBD, P.C. is an equal-opportunity employer (EEOE).